Saturday, October 13, 2012

Well hello blog world!

Wow long time no blog!!  I guess I have just been super busy with the kids and everything!

So I will do a quick update over the last year and a half. lol

Let's start with Blake.  He is in 7th grade this year and turns 13 in a few months!  I can not believe how big he is getting!  He has really improved his grades.  Science is one of his favorite subjects.  It was also mine when. 
He is getting to the age where he really wants nothing to do with us.  A lot of the times I feel like we are a family of 4 instead of 5.  He is too stuck on his xbox.  We are trying the year without any ADHD MEDs and I must say *knock on wood* we have not had many problems.  Not like last year where I was getting a call or 3 a week from the school counselor.  We have had some problems with Blake getting bullied at school but the school seems to be taking good care of it.  I am very proud of Blake this year!

Now on to Jeremiah.  Wow he is 4 now and 60lbs!  He is my big boy!  Last year I was concerned with what I thought he had was asthma and his weight.  I was not happy with the way my doc was approaching it so we changed docs.  Jeremiah was diagnosed with asthma and as obese.  We are now learning to control both of those.  So far he has not gained any new weight in a year!  

He also started PreK this year!  He is growing up!  The 1st two days he was terrified.  But by the third day he was asking 2 hours ahead of time if it was time to go to school.  Now every day he eats lunch there and stays an extra 30 mins for the prek after school program.

Carter is 2!  He has grown up so much and is now 28lbs!  There for a while we battled ear infection after ear infection with him.  So in April of 2012 he had tubes put in.  Good bye ear infections hello every virus I have never dealt with!  Let me tell you when this boy is sick he runs high fevers.  I am talking 103-105!  He has let me experience Roseola twice now.  And just last month I had the fun experience of Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease.  I would not wish that on my worst enemy!  He had it bad and would not eat for days.  I think I would rather deal with Chicken Pox than that.  At least you can do something to ease chicken pox.  Motrin and tylenol were not cutting it with HFM.  But after about a week and a half he was back to his crazy self.

 About 6 months ago he was approved for early intervention for speech.  He has speech therapy once a week for 60 mins.  We have seen an improvement in his speech but not much.  A few months ago we started having major car seat problems and now bed problems.  At his 6 month EI eval they said they suspect he has Sensory Processing Disorder.  We are waiting for our occupational therapy evaluation to see where we go from here.  They are thinking he will also need an hour of OT once a week.  So that is where the boys are at.

Chris and I just celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary this past week.  We didn't do anything fancy but go to Jeremiah's PreK family fun festival.  The kids had a blast so that is all that matters.

We have done lots of trips since I posted last.  Let me remember them all lol In June 2011 we took a family trip to Gatlingburg Tennessee to the Smoky Mountains.  It was so much fun!  We spent a lot of our time in the park.  The kids had a blast in the rivers.  If you have never gone you really should!  In September 2011 Chris and I went to New Orleans to a UFC fight I won from Bud Light.  That was a blast!  Then we had so much fun in the Smoky Mountains that we went back in October 2011.  Fall time is unbelievable beautiful there!  And the bears are out all over the place.  That trip we saw at least 10 bear!  One of which unbeknown to us we snuck up on and ended up being within 10 feet of it.  Talk about scary!  We rented a condo on top of a mountain and the views were to die for!  And last but not least I received another awesome phone call from Bud Light and in January 2012 Chris and I were off to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl.  Um ya I want to move there.  But it is outrageously expensive!  That was the last trip we have taken.

This past summer was a little hard on us.  Chris lost his job for a few months. So money was tight.  I lost my best friend of 16 years on June 29th.  That was really hard.  But Chris returned back to work in August.  So things are starting to look up for us now!  We have a lot of things planned in our future.

I plan to get back into the world of blogging!  So be prepared to see more of me!  And wow that ended up being not a quick update at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment