Saturday, October 13, 2012

Our new girl

I forgot to tell you all about our new girl, Ruby!  She is a 1.5 year old Californian Rabbit!  We got her a few weeks ago and she is awesome.   The kids love her.  And she is huge! lol  We adopted her from The House Rabbit Society of Missouri
They do amazing work and love all the rabbits they house.  I had to take a 2 hour rabbit class before I could even think of adopting a rabbit.   And it is a good thing I did because there was a lot I did not know about rabbits.  I am so glad I found HRSM.  All of their rabbits are spayed or neutered before being adopted out.  Rabbits are the 3rd most abandoned animals.  I would say 99% of the rabbits abandoned are not spayed or neutered.  The adoption fee at HRSM is $85, the cost of a spay or neuter is $300 and up!  

We let Ruby have free run of the house during the day and cage her up at night.  She is litter boxed trained and goes right back in her cage in her litter box.  I must say she is getting spoiled.  I will stop talking and post some pictures of our new girl!


Carter thinking "What is this crap, mom?"
 Love her huge ears!

Relaxing


Don't touch my basket!


Eating her hay


No comments:

Post a Comment