Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Carter Joesph is here!

I went in on Aug 2nd for my weekly AFI ultrasound. While there they noticed that my fluid level was down to 4.5. I also only scored an 2 out of 8 on my BPP. They saw no fetal movement or fetal breathing. So I was sent to labor and delivery. While there I was hooked up to a NST machine and was given pitocin to see who Carter did during the contractions.

I opted out of trying for a VBAC since I was only 36 weeks and not dialted at all. I did not want to end up with an emergency csection like I did with Jeremiah. So the date and time was set. The next morning, Aug 3rd, at 9:30 am I would be in the OR getting ready to have a baby.

Let me tell you it is pretty scary knowing that you are going to be going into surgery the next day. I was so nervous about it.

I woke up on Aug 3rd and got prepped for the section. And at 9:30 I was wheeled into the OR. Of course Chris couldnt join me right away, which always sucks! But when he walked in I said something funny. I asked him if he had eaten Fritos before he came in there. I swear it smelled like he had Frito breath. And than I realized, umm no that is not Fritos that is my skin burning. lol We thought it was pretty funny.

I remember a lot more about this surgery than I do with Jeremiahs. I remember them saying that the fluid was clear and I was like thank god. I remember them telling Chris that he was getting ready to come and to watch. I also remember hearing them say his apgar scores, 8 and 9.

And most of all I remember them sayin at 10:09 am that my beautiful baby boy was born. He was 4lbs 10 oz and 17.5 in long. He spent no time in the NICU! ALthough he was in the special care nursery because of jaundice. He had to spend 2 days under the lights. But considering what my other boys went thru I don't even consider that anything. He got to come home at 3 days old. The soonest of my boys to come home.

On Monday he had his 1st doc appointment. He has gained 5 oz since he was realeased from the hospital and is now over his birth weight weighing in at 4lbs 11 oz. It looks like he is going to be like his big brother Jeremiah and pack on the lbs! His bili level has risen since he was released. So we are keeping an eye out on that.

So far he is a great baby, eating, pooping, peeing and sleeping all day long.

Blake is so in love with him and wants to hold him all the time. Although I am sure that is bound to change what he gets older like Jeremiah. Blake keeps saying he hopes he doesn't end up like Jeremiah. I have news for him, I think he is going to be worse since he will be learning everything from Jeremiah. lol

As far as Jeremiah goes, he has been with his grandma since last Monday. He comes home on Friday and we cant wait to see him. But having him there this week has been good, it gives me an extra week to recover. And Chris is taking his vaca next week so that will be a huge help as well. But I am scared to have the boys by myself in a few weeks. It is going to be crazy!

Now for some pictures of Carter!




No comments:

Post a Comment