Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Jeremiahs story

I was going thru my old myspace blogs and came across some from my pregnancy and birth with Jeremiah. This brought back some memories.


Thursday, March 27, 2008
32 weeks

Well we had what we thought was going to be our last ultrasound today. For starters they are saying Jeremiah is in the 29th percentile weighing 3 lbs 9 oz.b Which I know they can be off on that but still. And then they told me that my amniotic fluid is low! So I am on partial bed rest for a week. The doc told me that had my job not been a desk job than I would go on full bed rest today. So she said I am on partial bed rest which means go to work come home and plop my ass in bed or on the couch. No cleaning, laundry, shopping at walmart or where ever and I can only walk short distances. I am supposed to also drink 10 glasses of water a day. I drink a half gallon decaf tea a day, but she says no it has to be water. but if I get bored with water I can add crystal light to it. So I got a whole bunch of that!
We go back next week to have another ultrasound to see if the fluid level has changed. If it has not changed or gotten worse than I will be put on full bed rest next week. Which really sucks money wise. So for the next week I will be drinking my 10 glasses of water a day and taking it easy. SO its a wait and see game now, it feels like that all a pregnancy is!

Thursday, April 03, 2008
33 weeks

Well I just got back from the doc office and the news was not good. My fluid level has went down and not up like the doc was hoping. So now I am on full bed rest. Which really sucks money wise, but my work is going to work with me and let me work from home. So we go back next week for another U/S to see what the fluid has done. It looks like we will be getting U/S done weekly until my fluid level goes up or Jeremiah is here. Which ever one comes 1st. So that is the news so far. On a good note though the doc did say Jeremiah looks good. And that he is already practicing his breathing

Wednesday, April 09, 2008
34 weeks

Ok so we just got back from the doc, not great news. My fluid level is now at 7.5 which is not good. We go back on Monday for another U/S to see what has happened. The doc said that if it gets to the 6’s than I will be hospitalized and giving IV fluids. And if that doesn't work than we will be induced. So that's the news as of today.

Monday, April 14, 2008
35 weeks

Well we go back to the doc this afternoon at 12:30 to check my fluid levels again. I think they are also going to measure Jeremiah to see how big he has gotten in the past 3 weeks. Last time he was weighing in at 3 lbs 9 oz which was in the 29 percentile for how far along I am. I am a little worried that he hasn't gotten any bigger. I had lost weight when I went in last week. I was also only measuring 30 weeks pregnant which I was actually 34 weeks. And I know when we conceived. So I know I am 35 weeks tomorrow. Hopefully the fluid has either stayed the same or went up, not down. But watching all these damn baby shows has me thinking the worst! And let me tell you how freaking boring bed rest is! I sleep so much that I swear it makes me even more tired than I was before! Well I will update this blog when I get back from the doc! Wish us luck!!!!!!!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Well we just got home!! Listen to me I say we and Jeremiah isn't even here yet! Anyways I went to the doc yesterday and my fluid levels dropped down to 5.7. SO they admitted me to the hospital for 23 observation. I got Iv fluids the whole time I was there and could only get out of bed to go to the bathroom. I had an U/S this morning to see if the levels changed, they went up to 7!! So they released me. We go back to the doc on Monday for another U/S. I thought bed rest at home sucks, it really sucks at the hospital. At least at home you have people to talk to and stuff. I will update you all on Monday.

Saturday, May 10, 2008
Jeremiah is here!

Well I went to my doc appointment on Wed like normal. Well during the U/s the tech asked if I had my bags. So that wasn't good at all. My fluid level went down to 2.3 and Jeremiahs HB was going down. So the doc came in and told us to go straight to the hospital. We got there at 2 and the cervidal was started at 3:30. Jeremiah wasn't tolerating the contractions at all! At 6 one of the docs from my practice came in and looked and said everything looked fine and they would start pitocin in the morning. Well by 7 things had went down hill. By 7:15 I was getting prepped for an emergency c-section. By 7:42 Jeremiah was born! He weighed in at 3 lbs 15 oz and 17.5 inches long. Other than being small he is healthy! Oh and the fact that the doc cut his head during deliver and he had to get 7 stitches!! He is in the special care unit at our local hospital. But he was never on O2 and he only had an I.V for a day and was just in the warmer for a day. Last night he stayed in our room all night long! And he is great at BF!! So am I, I must add! But I got released tonight and Jeremiah is still in the hospital. I cry just writing this now, I miss him already and want him home so bad!!!!!! Why is it that all my babies must stay in the hospital with out me??? But the doc says he will be able to come home in a few days he has to put on some weight. Last night he was 3lbs 13 oz tonight he was 3 lbs 14 oz so he is just 1 oz shy of birth weight. He is breast feeding for 10 - 15 mins on each breast and then I give him an oz or an 1.5 oz of formula to help him put on the weight since my milk isn't in yet. So maybe the doc will be nice and send him home on mothers day, what a great gift that would be!!! So please pray that he will be home soon!!!!!!!!! I love my little guy.
Update: Jeremiah came home Monday May 12th.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008
One week Checkup

Well Jeremiah had his one week checkup today with the doc to make sure he was gaing weight and to get his stitches out. Well my lil man now weighs 4 lbs!! He did great with getting his stitches taken out, he didn't cry or anything! He is a wonderfully baby the only time he cries is when he is hungry. I am still breast feeding but sometimes I have a break down on rather or not he is getting enough to eat. We are going to a lactation consultant on Friday. SO hopefully she will ease my mind a little bit and tell me that I am doing everything correctly. I was worried that my milk wasn't coming in, but when I feed him on one boob the other leaks so that is a good sign. Blake is such a good brother! He loves him to death!

Monday, July 07, 2008
Jeremiah is 2 months old!
Jeremiah is 2 months old today! WOW time flys by! Here had his 2 month check up today as well. He had to get 4 shots! OUCH! He hated it of course. I almost cried, its so hard to watch them scream like that and you cant pick them up until they are done. He goes back in 2 months for more shots :( Enough of the sad stuff on to the good stuff. My lil man weighs (drum roll please) 9 lbs 9 oz!! WOO HOO and he is 20 3/4 inches long. He is growing like a weed. From what he was at birth (3lbs 15 oz, 17.5 in) he is a chunker now!

He is still at the boob and doing great with it. He is doing it all by himself now. We stoped using the nipple shield about 3 weeks ago. He is also taking less formula now which means he is getting more breast milk!!! He takes about 2-3 oz of formula at each feeding. I love it when he smiles and mommy milk comes running out of his mouth. I know I am actually producing some for him! I just started nursing in public a few days ago and I have only done it a few times now. But I plan on keep going at it.
He is wearing newborn sizes now! He outgrew all of his preemie stuff about 2 weeks ago. So now we are actually getting use out of all the onsies. And the tons of clothes that I got at my showers. LOL
Blake is still al little bit jealous but loves his baby brother. He is always wanting me to make Jeremiah talk. We move Jeremiahs mouth and I say stuff, Blake gets a kick out of it! I also have to make him dance for Blake. Today at the doc office when Lil J was crying after his shots Blake looked at him and said "Jeremiah just face it we al had to have it done!" He cant wait until Jeremiah can walk or at least crawl. He is always asking when Lil J is going to be doing stuff, its so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment