Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween was a bust

Yep this year Halloween was not that fun for the kids.  To start off the week Jeremiah started coughing real bad over the weekend.   Which then leads to an asthma attack which in turn leads to him running to the bathroom and getting sick.  Never did he run a fever all weekend so I sent him to school like normal.  If I kept Jeremiah home for every cough he had he wouldn't never go to school.

So come Tuesday, the day of his first school Halloween party.   Still coughing but again I sent him to school.  No fever = school

I walk into the school, pass the nurses station , and who is sitting there?  Jeremiah getting his temp taking.  And of course he is running one, 102 at that!  So what happens next?  They tell him he has to go home.  What?  Right when his party is going to start you are going to send him home?  I was mad and upset, I wanted to cry. 

The one picture I got of Jeremiah at school


So off to the doctor we go.  Is he running a fever there?  Well of course not it is a perfect 98.7.  But he did get diagnosed with Croup and was  prescribed an oral steroid on top of his inhalers.  The doctor gave us the ok to go out trick or treating last night.  He said the cool air would help with it.  To be honest I think the only reason he had a "fever" at school was because he had an asthma attack and was wearing his costume on top of long sleeve pants and shirt.

So off we go trick or treating last night.  The first bad start to the night would be me forgetting my camera.  ::smacks hand::   Bad mom! The second would be Carter only lasting a few houses.  And then as soon as Chris took Carter home Jeremiah decided he was done after only about 10 houses.   The boys did enjoy handing out candy to all the kids that came.  Which we actually had a lot more kids this year than ever,  I ran out of candy for once!

So that was how our Halloween week went.  We did hit up Target and Schnucks this morning and snagged some half off Halloween items. 

Since I didn't get any pictures last night here are a few from lunchtime today.


I love how his tounge is sticking out






No comments:

Post a Comment