Friday, October 19, 2012

Grief sucks!

I hate grief! 

On June 28th, 2012 my best friend, Carrie Breding, was on what she thought was a wonderful family vacation with her husband, her daughter, and her four step children.  They were in Foley Alabama on the Gulf Shore when their joy was swept away and a vacation ended in tragedy.

Everything was perfect, they were having fun in the sun.  Carrie was wading in the ocean with two of her step children when they came to a drop-off and suddenly got caught up in a rip current.  Carrie had no other chose but to save the children.

By standers and family rushed out to Carrie and the children.  They were able to make it to the two children and they were rescued out of the water.  But by time they got to Carrie it was to late.



She was rushed to the hospital and put on life support.  But after numerous tests the doctors determined that she had no brain attivity.  She had also suffered two major heart attacks and broke her neck.

On June 29th, her family had to make the hardest decision ever.  It was time to let Carrie go.

I will never forget the call.  I never want to get another call like that again.

I drove 10 hours on July 4th to say good bye to my best friend.  I will never have another like her again.  I know friends come and go, but none of them will be Carrie.

We were best friends for 15 years.  We met when she was 14 and I 16.  She knows all my deepest darkest secrets.  She was the person I could call and tell anything to.  We would talk for hours on end.  After she moved from Illinois to Texas we grew even closer.  She was my Maid of Honor in my wedding.  We were suppose to grow old together, talk about our grand children.  But that is all gone.

I wish I could have talked to her one last time.  Told her how much I love her and how much she meant to me.   I think about her EVERY day. I miss you so much Carrie!

UGH I hate grief!




No comments:

Post a Comment